Thursday 11 August 2011

Captain America:The First Avenger (2011)


So I got to see Captain America after looking at what I thought of the trailer which is here. I have to say that my expectations of another origin film were met, I am not a big fan of the origin films but have to say as I have no knowledge of Captain America it was interesting to see something I had never seen being done previously. There were some points where it was a bit predictable and the fact that he is going to appear in the Avengers film which is set in present day you knew where it was going to end.

This film was enjoyable with some excellent effects very impressive with Chris Evans looking both very weedy and pumped up. Interesting that they went with a  love interest when they knew he would be around 70 years after the end of the film. I have to say that after the trailer for Captain America I had high hopes for the Avengers but now I am really worried. How can they manage to give each character a reasonable development within the Avenger circle and still have it as a feasible film. While that in itself will be a sequel to Iron Man, Thor, The Incredible Hulk and now Captain America it is in essence another origin film. I actually think that they might have been better going for the high budget high value TV series to set these all up, they could have spent 2 to 3 hours on each character and their interactions with each other and the finalise with an ensemble show that features them all.

But back to Captain America this was an enjoyable film and I would recommend that you go and see it if you have any enjoyment out of comic book films, it is one of the better films 4 stars for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment