Monday 1 August 2011

Saving Private Ryan (1998)


The Steven Speilberg directed epic starring Tom Hanks and Matt Damon and a raft of other major actors is a modern classic in my eyes. From the opening scene at Omaha Beach to the story behind why they are going after Private Ryan I think this film works on so many levels and how the film ends works so well for me I think that it is definetley my favorite war movie of all time and I can watch this again and again.

The set up with Tom Hanks going behind enemy lines with a group of men to simply find one man who's family have suffered a tragic and terrible loss. It poses some interesting questions that the film addresses and while it is not a perfect film by any means, the actors however portray the different characters found in any army excellent with the platoon being made up of Tom Sizemore, Ed Burns, Barry Pepper, Adam Goldberg, Vin Deisel, Giovanni Ribisi and Jeremy Davies. Tom Hanks is in charge and he plays one of my favorite characters as you believe in him and I would follow him into battle and their job is to find Matt Damon and take him home to his mother.

Overall this is a film that I love and will happily watch again and again, if you have not seen this please fgo and see it and let me know what you think a 5 star film for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment