Monday 15 August 2011

Sherlock Holmes (2009)


So I watched the Guy Ritchie adaptation of Sherlock Holmes, now this character has been done several times and I will be honest and say that I have not actually seen any of them and have very little knowledge of the characters other than the generic rules that everyone know as they are in pop culture. Such as Elementary my Dear Watson, magnifying glass and the pipe and the relationship between Holmes and Watson.

Now Rogbert Downey Jnr has had a resurgenice between this, Iron man and Due Date and he is really performing well. I have to say that I liked his portrayal of the character it showed his brilliance and the leaps of logic that Holmes is famous for. Jude Law was interesting as his partner with a sense of resignation that he would be tied to Holmes forever in some way and also the regret that he wanted his life to move forward. The story of teh film itself is interesting, there was a little bit of well there is the sequel getting set up and I have to say on review this is an origin film. You have the characters setting up, even though they are well established in most peoples mind this is them getting set up.

I enjoyed this film a whole lot, it will not be for everyone and I have to say that while I will go and see the sequel i am not in that much of a hurry to see it. A solid 3 stars for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment